Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lizzie's See Otto!!!

So I came home on Wednesday night after work to see my little Lizzie smiling from ear to ear that she had something so special to share with me! She reached over and gave me a book "See Otto Run" There was a note from her teacher Ms. Nancy stating that I needed to have Lizzie read it to me. So I sat down next to her....and the little angel started reading the whole thing without any help from me! I couldn't believe it....she was reading her first real book. Now please understand that each page had only three words on it....but she was doing it. Oh how I wish you all could have seen how proud she was and how her grin was from ear to ear...then to tope it all off she was the Seahorse Superstar that week b/c of her reading skills! Needless to say she (AND HER MOMMA) were so proud of her!!!



Lizzie with her book the morning we had to return it to school



Her reading it one last time....then her and I had a special bagel breakfast that morning at Java Dave's to celebrate her special day!!! And she had to read it again....and again. My little 5 year old is growing up so fast......

No comments: