Monday, March 14, 2011

Holy Snow...

Ok I am to the point where I have had enough of this snow...whew...today's dumping of snow was a little unexpected to say the least.  Considering it was 60 degrees on Saturday...oh that's St. Louis weather for you!!  
It was pretty though..on my way in to work this morning..there is this one road that just has all sorts of trees everywhere and the snow just sits so perfectly on that little stretch.

Lizzie on the other hand was non too impressed with the snow.  As we were driving to school this morning the phone ran with the typical 636-250-xxxx number that I know by heart at this point (considering her school district has been off 10 times I think this year)   They are actually supposed to be on spring break this week, but nope that was cancelled and they are making up snow days this week.  They do however get off on Friday.   Well anyway she was supposed to be going to Fancy Nancy play for a field trip and once she heard that phone ring...the tears started flowing.  Ugh it was so sweet that she loves going to school that much....BUT mother nature took her best bet on these country roads out here and #10 it was.  

Ava had a school project that we completed tonight...Idaho was her state and she was in charge of making a poster with some important facts.  All I have to say is wow the internet is amazing for kids!  God I remember those sick Encyclopedias with the GOLD pages that sat on our built in shelves over at the house I grew up in.
WOW how much has changed since those days. 

No comments: